Blog Description

Welcome to the Rowan Family Blog! I finally gave in and decided to make one so that it would be easier for family and friends to keep up with little Miss Callie and now little Miss Hailey! I hope to keep a good record of the happenings in their lives and the joys that come with being a family. God has truly blessed us with our girls and we are so excited to be parents to them and Chile!

Monday, December 20, 2010

6 months old!

My sweet little baby girl is six months old! WOW. I can't believe it. I just love her so very much. God has truly blessed Matt and I to be Callie's parents. She is more and more fun everyday now. She definitely has a little personality all her own now! Well here are Callie's six month stats. She weighed in at 17lbs and 3 oz (75th percentile), her length was 27 inches (95th percentile) and her head circumference was 16 3/4 inches (55th percentile). So far, she's still a tall blue eyed baby! We will have to wait and see how long that lasts! :) The doctor was very happy with Callie's growth and development. He even gave her a book to take home for being so good. Callie didn't like her shots though. She got three of them, and she was pretty upset about that! What a blessing from God that she is growing healthy and strong. I don't ever want to take that for granted! Callie is doing all sorts of new things lately. It is so much fun to watch her grow at this stage! Callie's biggest new trick is sitting up. She can sit unassisted for 5 minutes or so. I have to keep some pillows around her because randomly she just gives it up and lays back or goes forward on her tummy! I love that she can sit up now, because it makes it easy for her to play with some new toys! (Not that she'll be getting any new toys for Christmas.... haha) :) She also is sporting two pearly whites! Both of her two bottom teeth have successfully come through. She did a lot better with the second tooth than the first. In one of the pictures you can see both teeth! Callie is talking a lot more which is really fun. Laughing a lot more, and enjoying being awake for longer periods in the day. She continues to take 3 30 minute naps a day and sleeps from 7-7:30pm until about 7:30-8am usually waking once to eat. Last night however, Callie slept 12 straight hours without needing to eat! That makes for one happy momma! Also, when I went to get her up this morning, I noticed that she had rolled herself onto her tummy. So maybe she likes to sleep better on her tummy! I know I do! I can't wait to get to Texas for Callie's first Christmas. I know it will be so special. Callie can't wait to see everyone! Merry Christmas everyone! Hope all is well!
Erin

Waiting for the doctor! :)

Laughing with Daddy! Such a sweet little baby! I love her so much.
Click on this picture so that you can see it big. Do you see her teeth? :)
Mommy and Callie! So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment