Blog Description

Welcome to the Rowan Family Blog! I finally gave in and decided to make one so that it would be easier for family and friends to keep up with little Miss Callie and now little Miss Hailey! I hope to keep a good record of the happenings in their lives and the joys that come with being a family. God has truly blessed us with our girls and we are so excited to be parents to them and Chile!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

February!

Can it really be February already? WOW! It seems crazy that its almost been a year since Dad made his trip to heaven. I miss him terribly, but I praise God that he is breathing with ease, and in absolutely no pain. But it still hurts. And I wish he was here so badly... healthy of course. February is a bittersweet month because I have always loved the fun of Valentines Day, but k]now it is also the month I lost my Dad. It's really easy to feel sad, but I can just hear the Lord reminding me that he is well, and I will see him again. I still feel sad, but comforted to know that 1 year ago my Dad went from this crazy messed up world into paradise. I am so thankful that my dad had a personal relationship with Christ and that death on Earth is just the begining of his Life.
Well in other news, Callie is almost 20 months old! She is the sweetest, cutest most independent child EVER! She is talking up a storm. She is starting to talk in mini sentences, which is really fun! I love hearing her try to put words together! At bedtime she HAS to sleep with her favorites: baby, Dora and Hat (hat is a Cat in the Hat stuffed animal). Every night after we say her prayers she says, "night night baby, night night Dora and night night hat". It is precious. Callie is very good at letting me know what she wants, and does not want. Like I mentioned above, Callie is very independent. Well at least she really wants to be. She doesnt want help with ANYTHING. She doesnt want to hold hands while walking, she doesnt want help with her food or her drink. She wants to do it all by herself. If by chance you do try to help her... she gets quite frustrated. Slowly but surely though, she is starting to respond to discipline and the word no. YAY! Most days we can go to the store without a meltdown! YAY! This makes me very happy and more inclined get out of the house. We have spent a lot of time here during her tantrum phase... haha.
Callie continues to be fasinated with letters. She points them out when we are out and about. She loves seeing them and knowing what they are! She still has trouble with the letter R, but shes got the rest down pretty good. Numbers and counting are fun too lately. She loves to "count"... its more like "one, one, one!" Sometimes she gets the two, but mostly one. She knows her shapes and some of her colors. She is learning new things left and right. Oh another fasination lately is stickers. She loves them. Matt's mom "Gaga", bought her some Dora stickers when we came to Texas in January and there has been no turning back! Outside time is also one of her favorite times of day. She loves playing in her house and just running around. Well enough of my jibber jabber... her are some pictures of my sweet.

This pic was taken at sunset from our backyard! So pretty!

My sweetie eating goldfish. Love her.
Shes a model... haha!
Cheese!
Callie loves to brush her teeth!
Callie pretending to sleep. It looks so painful... haha!
Cutie pie!
Love this!
Oh, another first... Callie got her toes painted for the first time today! Aw!

No comments:

Post a Comment